When it comes to counseling, one of the biggest challenges can be making the decision to go in the first place. Although people seek counseling for many reasons, in reality we are all faced at one time or another with some life circumstance, issue or question that may not be easy to figure out alone. Counseling may be able to help you:
- put clarity back in your life
- focus on the things that are most important and
- help you to come up with a workable plan for change, growth and progress
The counseling process is not an easy one and there are no guarantees of success, however I am fully committed to walking with you during your journey, as you identify the changes you want to make in your life. I will help you develop the knowledge and tools you need to change patterns that are not currently working for you and that may be destructive or unhealthy.
Change oftentimes involves letting go of things that are familiar in order to make room for new possibilities in life to begin. It is often not without risk, energy and effort; there may in fact be some emotional pain involved in the process. You may be faced with emotions and feelings that are new to you or that are uncomfortable. This can be expected.
Whether you just need a brief "tune-up" or more in-depth therapy, I invite you to schedule an appointment and begin your journey toward a FRESH START!
Throughout my 25 year career in the mental health field, I have had a myriad of experiences which have allowed me to assist my clients who come from various walks of life. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Florida and my background has included:
- Providing counseling services to individuals, couples, adolescents, families and groups
- Management and Supervisory experience
- Extensive Employee Assistance Counseling experience
- Working with Military Service Members delivering EAP services through Department of Defense contract
- Working with a Psychiatrist, in a private, multidisciplinary practice setting in Tampa
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree, 1988, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, Social Work and Rehabilitation, 1983, Murray State University, Murray, KY
- Member of National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Member of GoodTherapy.org
What Clients Have Said Names withheld to protect confidentiality
"I would like to tell you how grateful I am to have you in my life, you are the BEST of the BEST, the one I was praying for and needed! You have helped me a lot..your help is a blessing."
"I can't thank you enough for all of your support. You saved my life, just knowing someone truly cared about my well-being - when I had no one in my life that did..."
"You have really helped me in so many ways and on so many levels. I can't thank you enough for bringing me this far in therapy. I know I would have never been able to get this far without you. Your words still play such an important part of my everyday life...thank you for all of your time and help. You have a gift to be able to make such an impact on people's lives."
"You have given me the strength, courage, validation to fight for myself and clearly see that I am worth fighting for...just know that you have touched my soul and in turn helped me to be a better person..."
"A lot of what I have become and the certain freedom of thought that I have I owe to you...You pushed as hard as you could to make me think and reason...you made me look inside of me and get the tools that were there all along so I could come to terms with the person that I am..."
"Thank you for all your support and positive attitude. You truly are a credit to your profession. I certainly would never have been able to gain the peace of mind I now have if it wasn't for you."
Cindy Swain, LCSW
Fresh Start Counseling Services
9600 Koger Blvd., Suite 240
St. Petersburg, FL 33702